The Engineering Manager is responsible for mentoring and managing an engineering team composed of software engineers who own all of the critical systems managing constituents and constituent-outreach activities. The Manager will drive this engineering team forward by defining and growing an engineering culture that is inclusive, innovative, dependable, and efficient. The engineering manager will help establish a best-in-class engineering culture and be the hands-on manager to grow and challenge a diverse and talented group of engineers. Additionally, the position will partner with product, design, data, and other technical leaders in the organization to scale the team in building best-in-class software. The right candidate will have had several years experience managing engineers, partnering with a high-performing group of product and data leaders, and acting as a leader in a technical organization to continuously ship product improvements and diligently measure impact.
- Lead a team of software engineers by creating a high-performing engineering culture built on accountability and quality.
- Foster an inclusive culture across a diverse team of both co-located and remote engineers.
- Understand and grow each engineers capabilities in-line with their career goals and the goals of the broader Product & Technology team.
- Define and roll-out an engineering mission, vision, and skills matrix.
- Recruit, hire, and retain diverse engineering talent as the team grows.
- Accelerate and optimize developer velocity by helping to implement best practices and owning results.
- Create a best-in-class QA plan and advocate for the resources and budget needed to be able to satisfy all testing needs.
- Partner with product leaders to execute the product roadmap with confidence, including mapping projects to people and leading agile meetings in order to deliver on-time and with high quality.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers in a product or engineering-driven organization.
- Prior experience in software development or proven ability to work side-by-side with engineers.
- Prior experience in defining an engineering skills matrix and leveling engineering teams.
- Experience and comfort in performance management of engineers.
- Prior experience in defining engineering culture best practices (engineering vision, mission, values, etc.) and creating an engineering culture rooted in accountability, quality, inclusivity, and impact.
- Experience creating and deploying engineering processes and best practices (especially through working groups and other collaborative methodologies).
- Strong experience in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse engineering talent.
- Familiarity with best-in-class technical practices to build high-quality and impactful software.
- Strong familiarity with modern frontend and backend development practices
- Sharp problem-solving skills.
Did not find your profile?
Don’t worry, write to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.